Our Commitment to Our Guests, Employees and Community.
At TAXIM we are in the business of hospitality and it is always our top priority to provide everyone the best possible care in our restaurant, as well as to ensure the health and safety of our guests, employees and our community.
In our 11 years of business, TAXIM has continuously upheld top industry standards when it comes to the cleanliness and sanitation practices at our place of business. We want to take this opportunity to let you know of the policies and procedures we are putting in place surrounding COVID-19/Coronavirus.
What we’re doing:
• Closely monitoring the advice and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
• Educating our employees on preventative measures provided by the CDC.
• Increasing the frequency and extent of our cleaning practices, such as additional sanitizing of all hard surfaces including the kitchen, bathrooms, bar, and dining room.
• Providing additional resources that are available to guests and employees including hand sanitizing towels, extra soap and paper towels in the restrooms.
• Implementing heightened sanitation and hand-washing procedures for all employees.
• Extra sanitizing of tables as soon as guests occupy a new table
• Keeping the silverware rolled up in napkins
• Keeping all glassware covered
• Discouraging all personal contact within our restaurants, including shaking hands.
What we encourage guests to do:
• Wash your hands frequently and use a paper towel to dry.
• Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze with a tissue, and then dispose of the tissue.
Thank you for your patience and trust in TAXIM. Our goal is to ensure you remain confident in dining with us during these challenging circumstances and know that your health is a priority in everything that we do.
We are confident that our restaurant is safe and will continue to operate as normal.
Thank you & stay healthy,
David Schneider, Chef/Owner TAXIM
To our dear and loyal TAXIM customers.
Greek Easter Πάσχα is one week away, and TAXIM will continue its annual tradition of charcoal roasting whole lambs. We will be providing the whole Easter meal for pre-order and pick up or delivery for this coming Sunday, April 19.
The Greek Easter meal will include the traditional mahlepi scented tsoureki bread, red eggs, mayiritsa soup (lamb offal soup), arugula salad, house-made phyllo leek pies (prassopita), and hefty portions of charcoal roasted lamb served with potatoes and cracked wheat, tzatziki, house-made pita and bread, and loukoumades (mastic-flavored fried dumplings) for dessert. The $150 menu serves two people. Pre-orders are required for this special menu.
We are still waiting to hear from the state of Illinois when we will be allowed to reopen for in-house dining and our open air rooftop. Hopefully soon! In the meantime, stay safe and loving.
Friday, February 14, 2020
Taxim is offering a special four-course prix fixe Valentine’s Day menu. The cost is $75 per person. The menu will include options to accommodate all dietary restrictions and preferences and will include lamb, chicken, fish, and vegetarian and vegan options.
New Year's Eve 2020!
The number begs for grandeur! Hang out with us and bring New Year's Eve in Greek-style at Taxim!
There will be nothing but delicious food, live Greek music, dance, Sparkling Assyrtiko, Cretan Vasilopita, and the traditional pomegranate smashing!
Space is limited.
Make your reservation.
Πάσχα Greek Easter Lamb Roast 2019
Come celebrate Πάσχα Greek Easter on Sunday, April 28th at TAXIM with our $80 prix fixe annual lamb roast. We charcoal roast whole lambs to prepare a delicious 5 course meal utilizing every part including the traditional Magireitsa soup and grilled Kokoretsi! Call 773-252-1558 to make your reservation today!!!
Satsi Perek. Grilled Pontiac bread stuffed with eggs, lamb, and beef sudzuki and a side of our lemon herb potatoes. Private Events.
The Mastique. Mastiha, rose water, and cream, topped with rose petals. Perfect for a Chicago summer night on the roof.
Sunday Brunch House-Made Greek Yogurt Bar.
Tatsis' legendary Goumenissa wines. US debut now exclusively available at TAXIM!
SPECIALS & EVENTS
Half-priced select Greek wines by the bottle.
Half-price signature cocktails.
$5 wines by the glass.
$25 four-course vegetarian or chef's tasting menu.
ANNUAL 5 COURSE GREEK LAMB ROAST
Come celebrate Πάσχα, Greek Easter, at TAXIM with our annual lamb roast. We charcoal roast whole lambs to prepare a delicious 5 course meal utilizing every part including the traditional magireitsa soup and grilled kokoretsi!
- Annual 5 Course Greek Lamb Roast
Easter Sunday Taxim Restaurant Chicago
New Year's Eve at TAXIM
We feature Live Greek Music and Dancing From 10 PM - 3 AM with guitarist, vocalist, violin and bouzouki.
Showcased Wines & Dinners with Winemakers
We are excited to introduce premier wines and winemakers, many new to the U.S. market. At Taxim Restaurant we pride ourselves in showcasing natural winemaking methods and expressions of terroir rarely seen in wines from anywhere in the world. We are very excited to be the first to present these Greek treasures to you.
To name a few:
-Live Greek Music and Dancing
New Year's Eve at Taxim Restaurant Chicago
-Chef/Owner David Schneider with Economou Winemaker